Saturday, June 3, 2017

Guess who's back? No, for real...

I used to think that blogging was really for other people to read & comment on. I understand now that it's less about other people, and more about the blogger. Blogging can be therapeutic, it can share information, etc. I know I've said before i'll do it more, but I think I really will this time. I don't really care if people see this anymore; it's about me getting out my thoughts in the best way that I know how; writing.

It's been like a year an a half since I've been on here, and so much has happened. I'm still loving life with Shawn. He is my king, and I am his queen. To be treated with such respect and admiration is amazing. I have a healthy self-worth, and am a better partner in return because of it. We managed to refinance the house, and both of our names are on the mortgage now. It feels good to know our hard work has paid off!! I took on a new role at work in August of '15, and got promoted to a senior on my team by May of '16. It was a great accomplishment,! Although the job can be emotionally draining, I'm helping people daily and that feels great.

We very recently learned that Captain has developed a heart murmur. Not a major one, but still...At 11 1/2, that is scary. The vet gave a referral to a cardiologist in Portland, but I do not think we will be taking him. The only reason to go would be to see if they would clear him for a surgery to drain the hematoma he developed this week, to prevent cauliflower ear. Given his age and the fact that it's cosmetic in nature, I don't think we'll be taking him. Like I told Shawn, if we go through with the cardiologist and they run tests but can't clear him for surgery, it's basically a waste of money. Not to mention that would be a super long car ride for a consultation. Captain has been on far longer rides, but he was also less than half the age he is now. I don't want to put him through all of that. He's adorable with his floppy ear right now, and it's not hurting him. Hopefully the meds work sooner rather than later, and the ear goes down shortly.

I'm slowly but surely turning Shawn's cat into a dog. Hahaha. She comes when I call her, greets me when I come home, and "talks" to me when I speak to her. It's actually pretty funny. Lol...Never thought I would like a cat so much again since I'm scared of them :)

Ok, I think that's good for now. I will post more another day, as WoW is calling me. Some things never change ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment